Saturday, January 2, 2010

Buffalo Stuffed Chicken with Twice Baked Potatoes


My husband picked what we had for dinner tonight, we had buffalo stuffed chicken, with leftover twice baked potatoes and French style green beans.

Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
I did get this recipe from someone's blog but its been so long I've forgotten who (is that credit?)

2 chicken breasts, butterflied
1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/3 cup shredded jack cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking dish with Pam. Mix ranch dressing and hot sauce together, marinate chicken for 30 minutes.

Stuff chicken with cheese, I used a jack cheese but the original recipe called for bleu cheese and we're just not bleu cheese people. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then coat with bread crumbs.

Bake for 35 minutes. Turn oven up to 400 and top w/shredded cheese. Bake until cooked through.

Twice Baked Potatoes
Our New Year's Eve plans got foiled by snow, we were going to get Chinese and watch movies, instead I went to the store and spent the night in the kitchen making a roast beef and twice baked potatoes. My husband's mother makes great twice baked potatoes and I didn't want to step on any toes so I went in search of a different recipe, because I am a smart woman. The potatoes reheat very well, for tonight's dinner I put in the toaster oven for 15 minutes.

5 medium baking potatoes
8 slices bacon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided, I used a Mexican blend I had on hand
8 green onions, sliced, divided, I omitted these because I didn't have any on hand

Preheat oven to 350 and bake potatoes in oven for 1 hour, in the mean time cook the bacon, allow to drain and cool and crumble.

Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes, slice in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into the bowl of your mixer, reserving skins. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Mix until well blended and creamy. Spoon mixture into the potato skins, top each with cheese and bacon. Bake for another 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment