Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pulled Pork


This is one of the many reasons that I LOVE my Crock Pot, this recipe is simple and delicious.

I use a Boston Butt, just large enough to fit in your Crock, I've made the mistake of buying a hunk of meat too big for my Crock pot and no one enjoys cleaving meat at 6:30 AM before they leave for work.

I cover the roast in garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in the the Crock, then I cover the meat with a can of root beer, you can use coke or whatever you have on hand. I cook on low for 10 hours. When I get home from work I turn the Crock up to high drain and shred the meat and pour in BBQ sauce to your taste. We prefer Sweet Baby Ray's but I will be trying to make my own even if my husband disapproves. Serve over hamburger buns or however you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment