Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010, let's hope you're a better year!


It has been a very long time between my blogs, I haven't been in the best place the last few months. Most of my summer was spent working on the house my brother and I inherited and it was very time consuming and costly and we haven't seen any reward for our hard work and let's me honest my brother is difficult at best to work with and he's lazy. It's time like that, that make me wonder how we were raised by the same parents. We did get an offer on the house this fall, we accepted went through the inspection and a month before the closing date, our buyer backed out due to her personal financial situation. I turned 27 in October, I am now the age where my mom had me, so I really started to thinking about starting to conceive a baby especially with the house sale pending and when that fell through I was heart broken.

With the decade and year ending, I started to think about all the things that happened to me over the past decade. In the past ten years, I have graduated from high school, lost all three of my grandparents, lost my aunt, graduated from college, gotten married, paid off my car, and gotten a big girl job. It's definitely been a rocky decade but there were definitely some shining moments in there. It gets hard to focus on the positive when you are surrounded my difficulty and struggle.

So that brings me to a new decade and a new year. Here's a list of things I plan to focus on in the year...
1. Be healthy, get in shape and get to my goal weight.
2. Make more things myself, this was on my list last year and I was pretty successful at it but I would like to add a few more things to that list.
3. Be greener, also a on my list last year and I was successful at buying more organic, making my own things, using reusable grocery bags, filtering our water and being mindful of our electricity use. This year I want to be more mindful of my water usage in the kitchen and switch to green cleaning products and not using those prepackaged ones, making my own.
4. Make a budget, make better weekly menu plans, cut
out the excessive spending on useless crap that we don't need whether it be shoes, food, clothes, etc.
5. Save money, we don't even have a savings account and that's just pathetic, setting a budget will definitely make saving easier. I do try to look at the positive, we do pay extra on student loans every month and we always buy things in cash and we have barely any credit card debt to speak of, and we both put money in retirement savings with every paycheck, so its not all bad. We just need to get in the habit even if its a little bit.
6. Quit drinking soda again, I do so good with this and then I fall off the wagon.
7. Organize our man room, purge a lot of the junk we do not need and get a spare bed in this room.
8. Go meatless one night a week, my husband isn't going to like this one but he's going to just have to deal with it.
9. Blog a lot more.
10. Finally, try to be more positive, focus on the good, try to not get jealous of other people's station in life and focus on improving my own, and let shit go.

If I was depressing I apologize buy I'm feeling good about my plans and I hope I can stick to them! I leave with two of my furbabies, Juno and Cayden who were watching me cook, there will be many upcoming foodie updates, I have a ton of pictures and recipes to upload and many more I've tried but did not post.



No comments:

Post a Comment