Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beer Chicken

In honor of the snow melting and St. Patty's Day I made beer chicken.  I had been wanting to use the grille ever since I could see when the snow started to melt, while we still have a fair amount on the ground our deck is free of snow so I wanted to fire the baby up, and this chicken is really the best on the grille.  So I was outside in my lounge outfit freezing my butt off cooking dinner, it was worth it.  
This is really easy but you have to marinate the chicken overnight, you can use any chicken you want, I find that bone-in chicken is the best, the flavor is off if you use boneless chicken.  This is adapted from my Mom's recipe.
1/2 cup of vinegar
4 T of sugar
8 oz. of beer
3-4 crushed garlic cloves
Hot Sauce to your taste, I used a generous pour because we love things spicy.
Salt & Pepper to Taste.

Mix everything together in a Ziploc bag and insert the drumsticks, remove as much air as you can and seal the bag and let it sit in the fridge.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment