Saturday, March 21, 2009

Biscuit Pizza

This recipe is what got my husband to eat spinach, I love spinach and he hates most vegetables and I've told him he at least needs to try new things.  I left broccoli off that list because he's emotionally scarred from eating a broccoli worm when he was a kid.  I would never get over that either so I'm not even going to try.  I got this recipe from Christina's blog, I have adapted a bit to our tastes. 

2 1/4 cups baking mix
2/3 cup of milk
1 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
3 handfuls of baby spinach
1 cup of pasta sauce
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 onion

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Mix baking mix and milk together to form a biscuit dough (follow the box instructions).  Spray a 9X6 glass baking dish with Pam.  Place biscuit dough in the bottom and flatten along the bottom.  Spread the pasta sauce over the top.
In medium frying pan add some olive oil and heat onions w/salt and pepper, cover and cook fro 6 to 8 minutes.  Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.  Add spinach and cook down.  Add this mixture to the top of the biscuit and pasta sauce.  
Cook up your ground beef in the same pan and add to the top of the dough mixture.  Top w/cheese and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment