Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Parmesan Chicken


This recipe is a staple in our home, its easy and good for you, its actually a Weight Watchers recipe my mom had in one of her old cook books.  I have adapted it a little bit to my taste, this is also one of those recipes I just have in my head so the measurements might be a bit off. 

Also I tried to break down this recipe's ingredients by the steps involved.

Chicken cutlets or chicken breasts butterflied and pounded thin.

1/4 cup flour
1 T. garlic powder 
1 t. onion salt
salt and pepper to taste

Mix these ingredients together and I put this on plastic wrap or wax paper, to make coating the chicken and clean up easier.

Dredge slightly moistened chicken cutlets or very thin chicken breasts into this flour mixture.

1 cup buttermilk, I use the mix powdered stuff that you find in the baking aisle, this way I can keep it on hand and I would never use enough if bought real buttermilk in the diary case.
1/2 cup parmesan cheese.

Mix the buttermilk and cheese together and then coat the floured chicken with this. 

Next you will coat the chicken cutlets in breadcrumbs, I use just regular ones but you could you panko if you want it to be crispier.  I use about 2 cups of breadcrumbs.

Finally cook the chicken cutlets in 2 T. of olive oil until done.  

I paired our chicken with some herb focaccia bread and some mixed veggies, I would like to add that JT totally picked out the carrots and peas and didn't any of the rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment