Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wheat Bread

I attempted to make bread yesterday afternoon and for the first time in my life the dough just wouldn't rise, I've made bread alot and I just don't know what happened to it.  I tried again this afternoon and as you can see it came out much better.  I've been trying to make all of the things we eat myself, as well as trying to avoid a few things that I'm finding are in alot of foods.  On my no-no list is enriched floor, high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oil.  In order to avid that in our bread it had to buy a pretty pricy loaf of bread and I'm trying hard to have save money on groceries, we were spending way too much money on them, but I'm happy to say that I've saved about 25 to 50 dollars off the bill each week.   I have decided to make all of our bread and rolls from now on, JT said if I kept up with it for a month I could buy a bread machine.  I am going to go pick up another loaf pan, because as you can see I have one very large loaf pan and one very small one.  I'm going to hit Bed, Bath and Beyond this week and pick up a few new pans. 
I just used a wheat bread recipe that I found in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  


No comments:

Post a Comment