Sunday, March 15, 2009

Garlic Knots

So I was stalking around what's cooking yesterday afternoon, and I saw a post about these rolls and they looked fantastic and I had all the ingredients on hand so I made them.  JT enjoyed them too, last night he said they were good, he's not much for words, but when I woke up from a nap this afternoon, I was home sick all day, he had eaten another one so I knew they were really good. 

Dough Glaze
3 cups of flour 2-3 cloves garlic
1 T. sugar 2 T. melted butter
2 t. yeast 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
1 1/4 t. salt
2 T olive oil
1/4 c. milk
1 c & 2 T lukewarm water

Combine dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook.  Add all the wet ingredients.  Stir until combined.  Begin kneading dough with dough hook for 8 to 9 minutes or until dough is smooth yet elastic.  Transfer to a bowl that's been coated with olive oil and turn dough ball until lightly covered in oil.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour. 
Divide dough into 10 equal portions.  Roll each into a rope and tie into a knot, tucking the ends in on the center of each roll.  I did one roll at a time instead of rolling all the dough at once. 
Place on metal baking sheet and place each roll on the sheet.  Let rolls rise for about 45 minutes before glazing with the garlic butter.  Cook rolls for about 15 minutes at 375 or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment